Let’s take a closer look at how artificial plant furniture can transform a small space like a bathroom into something comfortable, private and inviting.
Benefits of Plants in a Bathroom
Real or faux, the benefits of plants in a bathroom are substantial. It can often be a challenge for homeowners to decide on a bathroom decoration, as these rooms tend to be the smallest in the house, and are utilized a significant amount by everyone from residents to guests. For that reason, plenty of statements can be made with a nicely decorated bathroom, and choices are surprisingly vast in terms of how to do so. Some general benefits of plants in a bathroom include:
- Bringing life to a room – The bathroom is certainly far from the most glamorous room in the house, but plants give you a chance to bring life to these spaces (even if they’re fake). Whether you’re going for color, pop, vibrance, compliments, or a straight up garden themed bathroom, artificial plants liven up a space no matter the theme.
- Ability to compliment other themes – Plants are great for complimenting other features of a bathroom. For instance, if your bathroom utilizes wood for your fixtures, wall finishes, or even hardware/appliances, plants can add that extra bit of pizzazz to make these features stand out even further.
- Easy to clean – Cleaning a bathroom is annoying enough, but when real plants come into play, it’s even more of a nuisance to do so. By using artificial plants, all you need is an occasional dusting to make your greens look sparkly and new.
Tips For Choosing Bathroom Plant Decor
While bathroom plant decor doesn’t stray too far from the path in terms of your standard artificial greens for interior design, there are definitely some stand-out considerations to keep in mind when choosing your plant. Of course, it’s important to consider spacing, size, and practicality before deciding on a faux plant, but when you know what you’re working with, here are some top notch ideas when incorporating fake plants for bathrooms:
- Jazz up your shelves – Bathrooms often have plenty of shelving to hold supplies and hygiene tools, and adding a faux plant to an empty space is a super simple way to add texture without needing all too much at all. Consider small cacti, flowers, and shrubs to fill in these spaces.
- Trees, trees, trees! – Empty spaces in bathroom corners can be awkward and problematic when choosing a design. Artificial trees are great for filling in these spaces, especially ones that are narrow for behind doors, or for spaces between a toilet and the shower. Consider olive trees and other leafy green trees to cut out that empty space.
- Fill up your windowsill – If your bathroom has a sill, it’s great to add a tiny plant on the edge to give a more ‘natural’ feel. Even long running ivys and wide-spreading leafy plants can fill out an entire sill and droop down for a charming effect.
- Complimenting bare walls – For homes incorporating a farmhouse decor, it’s always a good idea to add a rustic touch through the use of wood and other outdoor-inspired features. Choosing a bathroom plant decor piece that compliments this rusticity is a perfect way to capture that natural mood, and it works for any and all sized spaces.
Start Your Garden Themed Bathroom With Plants to Porch
Looking to bring your farmhouse decor idea to life? Plants to Porch has you covered with the highest quality artificial plants in the industry. Our products are manufactured with the finest materials, and are made to last.
Ready to get started with the best fake plants for your bathroom? Browse through our growing inventory of plants, trees, shrubs, and planters, or contact us today for any questions or comments.